|For the other uses of Wayne, see Wayne.|
|For other uses, see Batman (disambiguation).|
|For alternate versions of Batman, see Hub:Batman.|
The Prince of Gotham
World’s Greatest Detectives (alongside Jim Gordon)
|Comics||Riddler: Year One|
|Books||Before the Batman: An Original Movie Novel|
|Portrayed by||Robert Pattinson|
Bruce Wayne is a billionaire and one of the two residents of the Wayne Tower. Secretly the masked vigilante The Batman after witnessing the murder of his parents at the hands of a mugger as a child, Bruce waged a war on crime in Gotham City, altrough mainly cibling small criminals and delinquants. Born from bilionaires Thomas and Martha Wayne, his life formerly happy took a tragic tournant while his two parents was brutally murdered by a anonymous killer. That event that would drastically change Bruce's life forever. He used his rage and hurt to motivate him to become the best at everything, and vowed to get rid Gotham's streets of crime.
At the age of seventeen, Bruce Wayne was engaged in street racing thanks to the vintage car he had received the year prior. During theses races, he befriend a fellow street racer named Dex Starling, and saved her against a bomb attack orchestrated by revenge-seeker Edward Nashton. He was however inable to find the indentity of the culprit, gived up street racing some time after, and separated with Dex.
Using the abandoned Wayne Terminus train station that had been located underneath Wayne Tower discovered he has when he was thirteen, he decided to train physically, intellectually and mentally for becoming a fearsome vigilante known as the name of Batman. In 2021, two years after the beggining of his crusade, he became involved with the Riddler plan after the murder of several politicians. With the help of one of the sole no-corrupted cops James Gordon and the rogue thief Selina Kyle, Batman infiltrated Iceberg Lounge, the criminal homebase of notorious gangster Oswald "Oz" Cobblepot and ended threat of mobster leader Carmine Falcone. While not managing to stop the inondation of Gotham City, he finaly captured the Riddler and send him to Arkham State Hospital, also saving the life of mayor Bella Reál. He then choose to become the symbol of hope of Gotham rather staying in shadows anymore, and stayed to Gotham rather than follow Selina, continuing his quest.
Discovering the Wayne Terminus train station
Street racing activites
Beggining of crusade
Meeting Edward Nashton
Investigating the murders
Inflitration of Iceberg Lounge
Escape from the police station
Chasing The Penguin
Arrest of the Riddler
Prior to the death of his parents, Bruce was a compassionate child, shown when he tried to sympathize with a young Edward Nashton at orphanage.
The terrible loss of near all his family figures and the following traumatism have made Bruce a maussad and renfermed person, with Falcone commenting how Bruce was the only man in all the city being more reclusive than him. Theses traits, however, doesn't prevented him to approach street-racing activities and even having some crush on fellow racer Dex Starling, even putting all his efforts for finding the culprit of her accident.
As Batman, virtually all of Bruce' negative traits was amplified. Batman was a violent, tortured and cold vigilante with often impassible demeanor, that breaks however sometimes with his interactions with notably Catwoman and his closest ally James Gordon. As a vigilante, his violence and revenge-thirsty were very noticeable, showed when he beats a gang' member thug in the street, before coldy to announce he is the "revenge".
Despite this dark traits, however, Batman greatly value the lifes of innocents, and will do his absolute for saving many lifes as possible; thus becoming furious against the Riddler when he realized the massive destruction plan of the latter. He also greatly despise murder and has a strong moral code which include of never kill. This characteristic also extend to his desire to dissuade other to do so, as shown his try of prevent Selina Kyle to kill her friend' murderer William Kenzie. He is also very compassionate toward innocents (or at least to the least dangerous people in society), illustrated when he dodge all Catwoman attack during their fight and instead choose to overpowering her with minimum of violence.
Overall, Batman is a dark, tortured and deeply scarred vigilante but also a true hero at heart, genuinely willing to help Gotham to becoming a better place; to stark constrast to respectively Catwoman who considered the city unredeemable and to the Riddler, who was motivated only by blind revenge, to the point of trying to kill one of the sole honest and help-willing peoples of the city, the mayor Bella Réal.
- Peak-human condition: Having trained for many years in intend of beggining a carieer of vigilante, Batman is a peak-human condition for a man of his age. He was able to single-alone fighting dozen of men at same time with his renforced suit, outrun many GCPD agents enough time for escaping by roof and reacting fast enough for saving life of Mayor Belle Réal during her speech.
- Master martial artist: Having trained for many years in intend of beggining a carieer of vigilante, Batman is a extremely skilled and formidable hand-to-hand fighter, making him one of the most dangerous and best fighters on the planet. While helped by his renforced suit, he single-alone defeated a street gang, fought a dozen of Iceberg Lounge' men, easily overpowered the very skilled Catwoman and thwarted the armed men of the Riddler gang, altrought with the unexpected help of Selina and while he finaly got overpowered, being forced to to prick oneself with a adrenaline syringe.
- Marskmanship: Batman is extremely skilled in the usage of his batarangs, being able to throw it with incredible accuracy.
- Expert driver: Batman is a extremely skilled driver. In his teen years, he had enough skill for participating to dangerous street-racing and many years later, he managed to chasing the Penguin in using the Batmobile, finally catching him while the crime lord believed he killed him.
- Gifted intelligence: To complete
- Master investigator: To complete
- Master tactician: To complete
Behind the scenes
- Batman is a superhero appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics. The character was created by artist Bob Kane and writer Bill Finger, and debuted in the 27th issue of the comic book Detective Comics on March 30, 1939. In the DC Universe continuity, Batman is the alias of Bruce Wayne, a wealthy American playboy, philanthropist, and industrialist who resides in Gotham City. Batman's origin story features him swearing vengeance against criminals after witnessing the murder of his parents Thomas and Martha, who were robbed and shot to death infront of a 8 year old Bruce, a vendetta tempered with the ideal of justice. He trains himself physically and intellectually, crafts a bat-inspired persona, and monitors the Gotham streets at night. Kane, Finger, and other creators accompanied Batman with supporting characters, including his sidekicks Robin and Batgirl; allies Alfred Pennyworth, James Gordon, and Catwoman; and foes such as the Penguin, the Riddler, Two-Face, and his archenemy the Joker. 
- Reeves, Matt & Craig, Peter (writers); Reeves, Matt & Clark, Dylan (producers); & Reeves, Matt (director) (March 4, 2022). The Batman.
- Lewman, David (February 1, 2022). Before The Batman: An Original Movie Novel. United States: Penguin Books.
- Batcave: The Riddler Face-off